Thursday, January 31, 2013

Goals Revisited- January

Sooooooo, here it is over 2 weeks since my last post and since it is the last day of January I though I could revisit the new year's resolutions I posted and see how it's going.

And I am laughing at this list because it's not going so well!

So, resolution #1: Blog.  A minimum of twice a week.  Well I think we all know how well I'm holding up THAT end of the bargain.

Resolution #2: Lose 60 more lbs.  This is going well.  I am in the gym about 4 days a week and I am still really focused and determined.  I love that I can feel the improvement in my strength and flexibility. I can bust out some perfect pushups.  I can grab my foot from behind me to stretch.  Baby steps!

Resolution #3: Go to 80% plant based foods.  This one is not going well AT ALL.  I've been craving chicken soup.  Lots and lots of it.  Probably because after I had the flu I got a cold and it has been lingering.  Chicken soup is soothing. I will get back to plant-based foods when I'm feeling better.  I'm not eating any red meat and barely any dairy products.  Just lots of chicken.  I have to admit I was slightly concerned because when I came back to the gym after recovering from the flu and going to plant-based foods, I almost passed out twice.  I'm sure that was thanks to being weak after being so sick, but it did make me wonder if there was something I wasn't getting out of my diet.

Resolution #4:  Twitter?  I should tweet more.  Meh, Tweets.  At least I am looking at Twitter more.  It is a great tool when bad weather is one the way.

Resolution #5: Dating.  Well I'm not dating new people but I do have a new boyfriend, so I think I knocked that goal out of the park!

I think this isn't half bad really.  The stuff I'm lagging with I can improve...  there are 11 more months to the year.

No comments: