Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Barbie Hair

Last night I went to bed with wet hair that I didn't bother to brush out. This morning I woke up with Barbie hair. And we're not talking a pretty straight-out-of-the-box Barbie with shiny hair that falls in gorgeous smooth waves. Oh no. We're talking about the Barbie that has been smashed down to the bottom of the toybox in some layer of geologic stratum of childhood fun. The one who has been around the block a few times, given a "haircut", and maybe set on fire once "by accident" for good measure. Yeah. THAT Barbie. And you know how that Barbie hair turns out- once the shine is gone the nylon gets all matted into a blond rats nest and it's just never the same again.

It was not a good look.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I am stunned at how OLD I look. I looked in the mirror once a couple of months ago and I swear I saw 40 looking back at me. It was not what you want to see when your birthday is around the corner, and you are MILES from 40. Usually a splash of cold water and some puff-reducing rollerball action helps a lot. How is it that I am 32 years old, and waking up puffy faced, with patches of dry skin AND acne? UGH!!!! Is there some sort of magic serum to make that mess go away? Because I need about a gallon of it to dunk my head into.

No comments: