Saturday, May 26, 2018

Maybelline Lash Sensational

Originally published 9/7/15

Today let's talk about my current favorite mascara.  It changes all the time, but this one has been in rotation pretty consistently for the past two weeks.  I bought it about six weeks ago, tried it out, didn't really LOVE love it, and stuck it in my drawer and forgot about it.  Then towards the end of August, I was feeling kinda MEH about my mascara choices and pulled that bad boy out and WOW.  Maybe it needed a month or so to dry out a little bit, I don't know.

IMG_20150907_182452

This formula isn't too wet or dry, they call it a "liquid ink formula" but I don't find it to be wet or watery. It stays on without smudging or flaking, which is important since I wear contacts and mascara flaking into my eyes is horrible.

The best thing about this mascara is the brush.  I love curved brushes and will usually smash any bristle wand I have against the opening of its tube to curve it if it doesn't come that way already.  It makes for less messy application for me.  This brush has plastic bristles and the little bristles on the inside of the curve get all of the little tiny lashes.  The outside part of the curve has longer bristles, which apply a good coat of product to your lashes.

IMG_20150907_182609
I usually use the tiny bristles first and then comb through with the longer ones.  The application is great with 2 coats- any more than that and I have to comb through my lashes with another brush.  You can see in the picture that the product isn't chunking up on the wand at all, so this isn't too much of an issue really.   But when I need to, I like to use Cover Girl's Clump Crusher wand for fixing problems when any mascara has given me clumps or spidery lashes.

I need makeup remover to remove this- my regular face wash doesn't cut it.  When I just wash my face this mascara balls up in little chucks, so you'll want to take it off before you do anything else or it will get all over your towels.

Lash Sensational is around $9.00 at Ulta.

No comments: