Saturday, May 26, 2018

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeshadows

Originally published 7/27/15

And now...  some of my favorite drugstore eye shadows!  If the Naked Palettes and Two Faced Palettes and Urban Decay shadows are overwhelming both in price and scope (how do I pick just ONE of 50+ $18 shadows?), I recommend wandering over to the other end of the price/variety spectrum and exploring the options in the L'Oreal Paris Infallible line.   I have been using these for years, and I have yet to find one that I didn't think was top notch quality.

IMG_20150725_172813

These shadows are somewhere between a pressed powder and a pigment, so they come with a little stopper/presser thing to keep the product tamped down in place.  I don't think they would make a mess if you dropped them or anything, but they say not to discard the presser, so I don't.  Because they aren't so tightly packed they have a creamy feel to them and are easy to pick up and apply.  I usually just rub my finger across the surface of the shadow, apply the shadow to my lid (I always use a primer for everything, I have oily lids) and then blend the color out with a brush to make sure the edges are even.  You don't want to use too much.  This stuff grabs on, and in the case of Amber Rush or Bronzed Taupe, you can get a VERY metallic look if you want to.

IMG_20150725_172434Here are the colors in their containers.  They are extremely pigmented.

IMG_20150725_172644What would life be without swatches?  From the left:  Iced Latte, Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, Gilded Envy, and Perpetual Purple.

Here's some slightly different light:
IMG_20150725_172626

Here are the colors I own (there are way more):
IMG_20150725_173059
Iced Latte is a neutral beige shimmer that I usually use as an inner corner or brow-bone highlight.  Like all highlighters nothing in the world says you can't use it on other parts of your face, it would do very well.  On me this is neither too pink or too gold.  This is a good dupe for Beige in the Lorac Pro 2 Palette.

IMG_20150725_173107
Amber Rush is very coppery.  I love this color and wear it a lot, especially in the spring and summer.  It makes my blue eyes pop, but it isn't too bright.  It is in my favorite bronzy/pinky/taupey category of eyeshadow colors.  This is very similar to Rosé in the Lorac Pro 2 palette, but Amber Rush has more shimmer.

IMG_20150725_173116
Having said that, Bronzed Taupe was meant for me.  I wear this shadow ALL THE TIME, it goes with everything.  If I'm in a hurry and just don't want to bother thinking through what I'm going to put on my face, this makes for a neutral yet "done" eye in seconds.  This happens to be similar to Chrome in the Lorac Pro 2 Palette, but Chrome is slightly more purple.

  IMG_20150725_173124
Gilded Envy is a silvered green.  On my eye it goes grey with a touch of silver shimmer to it.  It is very pretty but not one I reach for very often because it is pretty dramatic.

IMG_20150725_173132
Perpetual Purple is gorgeous and has some shimmer to it.  I could not resist buying it.  Unlike a lot of dark purple shadows, it stays purple on my skin, it doesn't just go dark gray on you.  I don't wear this one too often but when I do I always get compliments.

The L'Oreal Paris Infallible shadows are sold pretty much wherever the brand is sold.  I have seen them priced from $5 to $8, and different stores seem to stock different colors.
These pair very well over the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows, which I will have to dive into in another post.
IMG_20150725_172333
And yes I also need to do a Lorac Pro 2 review, because I've mentioned it in so many posts now.  It's coming too!

No comments: