Wednesday, January 09, 2013

And the rain rain rain came down down down

And traffic in Nashville stopped.

I was going to go to the gym this morning.  Therefore I didn't wash my hair last night.  So when my alarm woke me up at 5:15 and I promptly went right back to sleep after about 10 seconds of saying "HA.  Gym.  So not happening." I also skipped the post-gym shower.

That means scary hair.  But with a little dry shampoo and teasing into a ponytail it doesn't look half bad:

Geez that is one massive expanse of forehead at that angle.  I guess it's better than the massive expanse of chin if the camera is at a different level.

Camera.  HA.  Let's try phone.

Also, check out the amazingness of MAC's Satin Taupe eyeshadow.  It looks like I spent a lot of time on my dang eyelids but all I did was smoosh on some satin taupe.  It's the most versatile shade there is in my opinion.  I guess the secret is in the way the light reflects off of it.  There's no need for crease or highlight shades because of how this shadow seems to do that all by itself.

Okay, enough with the vanity posting.  It is pouring rain this morning, the roads are a mess.  I got to work 45 minutes late and I wasn't the last one here. It's another one of those days where I want to be on the couch in sweatpants watching movies.

This week's researching/purchasing obsession is wallets.  I have a great wallet from Kohls that I just love, but is getting worn out and kinda cruddy looking.  However, it is the best wallet I have ever had and I want to replace it.  I could just get the same wallet again, but I would like to get something of better quality so that it lasts a long time. 

The Kohl's wallet has:
  • 3 separate labeled pockets for cash, receipts, and coupons.
  • An inside zippered coin pocket
  • A fold out RFID blocking card section with TONS of pockets
  • Snaps instead of zippers (I hate the zip-around wallets because they are so hard to close once you get stuff in them)
  • Somehow, despite all the storage, it is streamlined and not bulky

Just like my search for the perfect handbag, I have a lot of requirements when it comes to wallets.  Namely, the zippers must open and close smoothly, and the snaps have to be magnetized.  I have the cutest clutch/wallet thing from Kipling that I use every now and then, but it folds in half and is secured with two of the crappiest, hard to close snaps invented.  If it had some magnetized snaps it would be perfect.  But I am all about function and that bag just annoys the snot out of me.  I plan to donate it to Goodwill in my next drop off.

Another requirement: pockets.  I am not getting another wallet that just has one big pocket for cash and receipts and coupons and whatever other paper winds up in a wallet.  There needs to be some built-in organization.

Once I find the perfect wallet I will write up a review!

No comments: