Lady Smaggle posted her top 10 favorite things of all time- and it is a REMARKABLY difficult list to come up with. "The only hard and fast rule was that each item had to make you euphorically and ultimately happy." That is a tall order! I have a feeling that this list could change from day to day and even hour to hour, but I'm going to give it a go. Maybe I'll update it in a few months. (I'm leaving out the obvious things like sex and sleep and my family and Christmas and childhood memories... you get the idea.)
1. New notebooks, particularly pretty ones. Or grownup ones. Or hardcover ones. Okay, pretty much all of them.
2. Change of seasons- especially from summer to fall when you walk outside in the evening and the air has that cool crispy feel to it.
3. Cupcakes from The Cupcake Collection here in Nashville. I have a sneaking suspicion that from now on if I show up at my mom's house unarmed with cupcakes I will not be allowed in. They are THAT GOOD.
4. Getting really lost in a good book or movie.
5. Creating- and I have to stop there because everything about the process makes me really happy, from planning to obtaining materials to putting them together in a way that becomes art. Collages, quilts, clothes, socks, you name it.6. Zhena's Gypsy Tea in Coconut Chai. This is the stuff I have hidden in my desk and if my day is getting really unbearable at work, I make a mug of it with milk and sugar. It smells wonderful.
7. Meeting a new goal at the gym. I don't mean how many inches or lbs I've lost (although that's nice too), but rather how much weight I can lift or how many lunges I can do or how far I can run.
8. Trying a new perfume. Yes, this gets me in trouble.
9. Breaking waves on the beach. I have gotten nasty sunburns watching waves.
10. Driving through winding hilly country roads with the windows down and the radio up. If I were a dog I'd have my head out the window with my ears flapping. Instead I drive, but I'm just as happy!
I keep thinking of more stuff, but I don't want to turn this into 14,000 Things To Be Happy About, so I'm stopping.