Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wheeeeee!!!

So this has shaped up to be a pretty good day. Now I'm paranoid about writing about good days because the last time I had a really great day when I was in a great mood and I blogged about it, I sort of crashed out about a week later. Let's not jinx it! But rest assured, things have gotten much much better in Heather-Land. I am sleeping mostly without Ambien (sometimes I take 1/2 of one, especially if I feel all wide awake and wired and it's 10:30 and I'm contemplating watching Conan, but that's really tapered off), I don't feel like I'm dragging myself to do stuff, and I'm much, much less anxious than I was 3 weeks ago. Once again, it is the knowing what is going on that makes a difference for me.

This morning I went to the dentist, and I didn't have a single thing wrong with my mouth. In fact, the hygienist called the dentist in so that she could look at beautiful teeth at least once today. Love that, right? I am a shining example of brushing and flossing. The prescription toothpaste is working. THANK GOD. Let's not jinx that either.

Around lunch time one of my bookclub buddies texted me that she was at a restaurant just down the street from work, so I high-tailed it over there for a delicious jerked pork sandwich. YUM. I had a good break from work and met new people and laughed and laughed (I usually do when I'm with her). It was great! I never get to meet people for lunch because I'm allllllll the way on one side of Nashville and almost everybody I know outside of work is allllllll the way on the other side of Nashville so I'd spend my whole lunch break driving. I like the change!

Then in the afternoon I got really stuck on how to format a report at work. The person who wrote it in MS Word was really schizo about formatting. It went from looking like this:
1.
-------> a.
-------> b.
-------------> 1.
-------------> 2.
2.
------->a.
------->b.
To this:
1.
------->1.
------->2.
2.
------->1.
------->2.
To this:
  • bullet point
------->a.
------->b.
  • bullet point
------->1.
------->2.

WHAT THE HELL?

So I got everything nicely formatted in Word with CONSISTENCY. And then I copied and pasted it in to Excel and it all went out the window when I merged cells. SIGH. So then I had to move everything around in cells and now I think it's probably still not quite right but it wasn't even my report to begin with. I just had publish it. So I sent it back to the person who owns it "for review" and hopefully he won't mess it all up again. Don't even get me started about page breaks in Excel. The afternoon actually went really fast thanks to all the concentration going on. I like that. So although it sounds like a really crappy part of the day it went fast and I had something real to work on, so I was happy.

Then after work I went to the gym and got on the elliptical for 40 minutes. In that time I burned 618 calories and went 5.32 miles. That is a RECORD for me, in all categories. I was so damn proud of myself! I've been logging all of my food in sparkpeople.com and I can hardly believe it, but I consistently do not eat enough food. Maybe it's a phase or something (hello outrageously hot weather) because there are days where I feel like I eat all the time. Maybe it's the psychological effect of having to enter everything in there. Maybe in a couple of days I'll eat everything in sight and get around 3000 calories instead of the 1750 I've averaged over the last week. (Which for a person my size, at my activity level, is not enough. I should be getting somewhere between 1950 and 2250. I think we can all agree that if I'm burning 600+ calories at least 4 times a week I need to be making sure I'm getting the right fuel in this body.)

ALSO, I have nearly completely stopped chewing on my nails! After the first couple of days it was not that hard and I have actually FILED them TWICE. I don't remember the last time I filed my nails before now. Progress people! As long as I keep my cuticles moisturized it isn't even an issue. I've found the same to be true with my face- the more I moisturize the clearer my skin is. Weird. I'm a dried up old spinster. Tee hee.

I hope that my last post didn't make anyone out there uncomfortable. I wrote it in the name of keeping this real. I know I'm not the only one who is struggling with content, and how much to say and when to say it and all that. But I'm going to keep on trucking. Last night I un-friended all of my work colleagues on facebook (I know that sounds harsh, but this is what linkedin is for!), which was another way for me to make sure that my professional life and my personal life stay separate. I mean, yes, I sort of would like to be anonymous again but I can't pretend that this is not a public blog in a public forum where anyone can read it and when a person writes in a space like that don't they ultimately want people to read their stuff? YES! I'm not going to lie about that, I think it is really REALLY cool that people read my blog. I think it is awesome when my blog traffic increases- I get super excited. (Especially when I post pictures of cuties like Jonathan Rhys Meyers or Robert Pattinson, good LORD I don't know where all those people are coming from but that sure does generate some hits. One day I will steal a page from daddylikey when she does "Inadvertently Ask Daddy Likey Day" based on google searches that point people to her blog... HILARIOUS.)

Anyway, dear reader (suddenly feeling very Bronte sister-ish, in the tone of "Dear reader, I married him." gasp!) that's enough rambling from me for one night. Did you have a nice "hump day"? God that term is gross. I hope it makes you giggle as much as I did when I wrote it.

No comments: