Thursday, May 21, 2009

Le Siiiiiigh

You know what's weird? For practically my whole life I have had really dry skin. (This is not the weird part.) Dry sensitive skin that would break out if I even touched it or looked at it, and heaven forbid I slap some sunscreen on it. That was just asking too much. The burning!

Anyway, about a month ago I started using some salicylic acid treatment to try to clear up some really unattractive blemishes. So I'm using that, along with a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment that I've used forever, and Eucerin Redness Relief Extra Super Duper Seriously Gentle Cleanser (something like that anyway). That's my entire routine. And now my skin is OILY. It's like a gross greasy oil slick by noon. I don't know what the hell is going on. Now none of my stuff works because it's all made for dry skin. I don't even know how to take care of oily skin, this is outside ALL of my experience. I actually bought some cleaning towelettes at Costco tonight and they seem to have cut through the oil but for how long?

Is it the salicylic acid? Or the working out = more sweat = oily skin? Hormones? (Those are pretty regulated, but, well, who knows?) The weather? Are the gods trying to make me crazy? Oh oh oh, maybe it's stress. Nah, couldn't be that. Must be something else.

No comments: