Sunday, April 05, 2009

200th Post!

Who knew I had so much to say?

With the use of ice and massive doses of ibuprofen left over from my dental escapades, my knee is SO much better than it was on Friday. Friday I was like, "Holy shit, I'm going to have to get knee surgery and move to a new apartment and I won't be able to drive and I'll have to use crutches or maybe just never walk again!" Today was more like, "Oh hey, I just ran down that flight of stairs and didn't even feel anything... cool." I am such a baby. But babying this stupid knee seems to be what has helped get it better.

I am suddenly addicted to The Office. I found out it is on the list of stuff you can watch instantly on Netflix and I haven't had jack to do but sit around with icepacks so I blew through the first season and more than I would like to admit of the second season. (I did the math and then had to figure out how I found the time to do anything else at all this weekend. Like laundry. Or grocery shopping. Or sleep.)

Weather-wise this has been a really odd spring. This is the third round of severe weather we've been through since last Saturday. Thursday was the worst, I was at work and the sky turned black and building security got on the paging system and told us all to get in the stairwells because of bad weather. Well that's fine by me! I would much rather be at work when this hits because it is all reinforced concrete and my apartment is more like something put together with matchsticks and masking tape. A really weak tornado touched down 3 miles away and then some trucks were blown over on the interstate right by my office building so I guess it's a good thing we went to the stairs just because the windows could have been blown in. So exciting! And so scary! At least it all went by really fast- 10 minutes later the sky was looking normal again and everyone pretty much went home. I don't think today is going to be nearly as bad as all that was.

And now, because I love you all so much, here is my very favorite scene from The Office. If you watch the show you'll understand, if not, well, it just might be funny on its own. Enjoy!

No comments: