Sunday, February 15, 2009

Melody Gardot

I know, I know, an unwarranted two posts in one day. What the heck has gotten into me? WELL let me tell you. I was watching something on YouTube, I don't even remember what now, and one of the recommended videos afterwards BLEW ME AWAY. Holy shit this woman is drop dead sexy and sings like something straight out of Mad Men. (Which to me also means drop dead sexy. Have I mentioned that I'd just like to BE Joan? I really feel like I've addressed this before and I can't find it anywhere.... Is this a topic for another time? Probably.) I immediately downloaded the album and I'll probably play it for the next month.

YouTube won't let me embed the videos, but check out this and this. I'll wait. It's cool.

WOW! Was I right or what? She's amazing.

In an interview she describes her record as being like a midnight snack. When you wake up in the middle of the night and you don't know what to do, you put on the record and chill out. She's exactly right.

PS She started singing to get over serious injuries following a really bad accident. She has to wear dark glasses because she can't take bright lights and, well, just go read the article about her and be hellaciously impressed. I know I am.

PPS If you already know all about her and listen to her album all the time and wonder if I've been living under a rock, well, I'm mad at you and we can't be friends anymore because you should have TOLD me about this!

No comments: