Monday, January 12, 2009

Impressions of The Golden Globes

Yeah, so I JUST said I probably wouldn't be posting for a while, but I lied. Last night I watched The Golden Globes on NBC, from Red Carpet Coverage to the end (except for the time around when Steven Speilberg got the Cecil B. DeMille award, I used that time to take a shower). I like to watch the Golden Globes because they're sort of laid back compared to the Oscars, and they don't have some host around who makes everyone uncomfortable.

The thing that really struck me about last night was how small the stage was. You get used to seeing HUUUUGE stages with monster sets, but this one was so small that some people, like Maggie Gyllenhaal and her dress, overwhelmed it.

Red Carpet: Quit talking about people's resumes. We don't care. Just talk about the important stuff- the dresses and the jewelry.

Does Brad Pitt EVER crack a smile? I found it funny that NBC got lots of shots of him, but I didn't know Angelina Jolie was there until the best actress award was announced. They both seem obnoxiously pretentious and unapproachable, and they've worked hard to give that impression.

I loved Eva Longoria's dress. It fit like a glove, and a lot of actresses need to re-think fit. You know, the actual designers of their dresses probably wouldn't mind lending a hand.

Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet both needed hair clips.

It was weird when Laura Linney thanked Paul Giamatti for his work in John Adams- to THUNDEROUS silence. Nobody clapped for the guy at all.

Glenn Close and I need to chat about wardrobe choices. And Drew B. and I need to have a heart to heart about hair style choices.

Christina Applegate's necklace was stunning. I want it for my birthday. I need to make very rich friends.

Sandra Bullock was hilarious- why hasn't she been in any movies lately?

No comments: