Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend!

Yesterday I drove down to Huntsville for the first time in months. It did a lot to reconfirm my suspicions: there's not a lot to do in Huntsville. It's getting bigger by leaps and bounds but as far as entertainment goes? It is lacking. I hung out with my Dad who was back in town for a short visit. We ate lunch and walked around the new higher-end shopping center.

I'd never been in an Anthropology before but that store is soooo much fun. I had this impression that it is just a clothing store for the rich and tiny, but they also have household items and candles and perfumes and quirky books. I bought some Satu Plum Nectar perfume in a little roller bottle and I'm head over heels in love with it. It's sort of a fruity floral, and I've decided it is impossible to put too much on as it it very light. That is in welcome contrast to my other two favorite fragrances, Channel Coco Mademoiselle and Sage Onyx oil. Both of those are really easy to overdo. But THIS one is completely different. I could actually wear it to work and not knock people out.

Anyway, Dad and I finished up our afternoon with Wallabedarned drinks at Outback Steakhouse. If you've never tried that, it's a peachy frozen drink and it is deeeelicious. Try it. You'll like it. Unless you don't like peaches. In which case we can't be friends any more.

On the drive back to Nashville (I can't BELIEVE I used to drive that so much), I started going over the past month in my head. I have been back in touch with a ton of people I knew a very long time ago. I don't know what is bringing everyone out of the woodwork. Is it the election? The feeling that things are changing? Most of these people I haven't seen or heard from in a decade, so maybe they're going "Wow, where was I 10 years ago?" It's just funny that it all seems to be hitting at once. And it makes me realize how much change I've gone through in the past 10 years- 2 interstate moves (one for school, one job transfer), graduated from college, 2 bad break-ups, battles with depression, battles with my family. And yet I'm exactly the same giggly silly person I was back then. So I think you really can make it through anything.

I finally did my 3 MILE Walk Away the Pounds DVD this morning. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be because the pace doesn't get as fast as it does on the other DVDs. I got gross and sweaty anyway (that's the goal). It was a really satisfying workout because I remember a couple of years ago when I bought it (before I had any of the others) I got to 1.5 miles and quit in exhaustion. And now it doesn't seem all that hard. I'm making progress!

Right now I'm making beef stew for dinner. It is really cold out and stew will be perfect. Somehow I screwed up my queue in Netflix so I have 3 DVDs worth of Brothers and Sisters to watch. I need to finish one up tonight so I can send it back and get something else. I don't want to burn out on that show- I really like it so far. Oh hell, I need to start my book for next Saturday's bookclub too. I'm all caught up in Marie Antoinette: The Journey, and I don't want to put it down. But I have to get at least 1/2 way through The Handmaid's Tale or I won't have a clue what people are talking about. So I have a lot of media to plow through! No time for blogging!

So that's the weekend! I hope you had a good one too.

No comments: