Monday, November 03, 2008

Unsettled

The first Monday back to work after the time change- the day draaaaagged. 10:00 rolled around and my body was like YAY! LUNCH! But my mind was like are you crazy!? We've got 2 more hours here!

I'm ready for some things to be wrapped up:
  • I'm ready for election results. I'm steeling myself for bad news, and it's like the whole country is suddenly superstitious. If you commit to a side and that person loses it is YOUR FAULT!
  • I'm ready for my developing friendships to get to the point where you call and say, "Hey! I'm coming over!" And it's not weird. (Right now that would be very very weird.)
  • I'm ready for something big and mind-consuming to happen at work. I know, be careful what you wish for. But I do a lot better when things are really busy at work and the day flies by.
  • I'm ready to get up the motivation to get my office/craft room in shape. It's a wreck. I keep pulling out yarn or fabric thinking I'll do something with it, and then I don't. I let this part of the apartment get messy because it's a work room, but now it's just driving me insane. However I don't feel so much pressure to clean when it's so easy to just close the door and walk away.... Mess? What mess? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.
  • I'm ready for some holiday time off- Thanksgiving will be 4 days of potlucking and shopping, and at Christmas I'll be off for a week. I'm excited to spend some time with my family.
So, time-change, bored-at-work, crazy-ass-elections, all this weirdness. I'm ready for some results! In the meantime, look at the pretty fall leaves in my work parking lot today!
OooooOOOooohhhhh, pretty. I was convinced that the fall leaves just skipped out this year- a ton of leaves just turned brown and that was it. But there are a few spots with really beautiful leaves after all. Pictures really don't do them justice. Everything is all yellow and orange and red, and this is the 4th year in a row when I've SWORN I'd take a picture of the trees at work and I FINALLY did it. Here's another pretty picture:

No comments: