Thursday, November 06, 2008

Eclectic Tastes

I swear I'm not turning this into a music blog, but not much has been going on that needs blogging lately. Obama won (YAY!) but I don't have any big dramatic post for that one. I got a bad virus earlier this week, so I haven't been doing much but reading about Marie Antoinette and taking it easy. Hence the music! I have been listening to these two songs constantly these days, and they could NOT be more different, and now I'm passing them on to you. My five readers. Lucky ducks.

The first is Jason Mraz, who I have just discovered. (I am way behind on these things, okay? Now that I've checked out all the videos on YouTube I'm like oh DUH he did those 200 songs that were constantly playing on the radio last year. I'm not good at sticking names to singers. So maybe you're burned out on him but I'm in new song discovery bliss.) This WILL be stuck in your head. Consider yourself warned.



The next is my pretend boyfriend Josh Turner. I don't normally listen to country music- really just The Dixie Chicks and The Wreckers and some bluegrass... okay, okay, I listen to a little country music. But I don't have country pre-sets on my radio and this is NASHVILLE so they might kick me out if that becomes public knowledge. This will have to be our secret. Shhhhhhush! I forgot about Josh and rediscovered him and now I can't stop listening to this song either. I never in my life understood the whole Barry White/ deep voice thing until I heard this song. Now I'm starting to get why women throw their panties at musicians....



PS I really REALLY hate the word panties. But when you're throwing them around I think that's the only way you can refer to them.
PPS I'm not wild about the first video, it's boring. But the SONG is great. And I learned how to embed videos from youtube which I am SUPER proud of (copy + paste WHOOOO!) so here it is.

No comments: