Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday? How? Already?

This week has been insanity week at the zoo. Or work, you have your words and I have mine. My boss has been put on a special project for the next few MONTHS, which means that my team is, well, taking one for all of us. On top of my already crazy workload, I got another project handed to me with very little explanation. I really don't mind because it is all adding up to good things in the future. But I've been so stressed out this week that Co-worker Heather called me up on speaker phone so she could blast NKOTB's "The Right Stuff" into my skull. Which did make me laugh. Also makes me laugh that I typed NKOTB instead of typing the whole thing out because didn't they try some lame comeback with that name? I don't know much about it, I was in third grade when they were, like, totally cool. Couldn't even tell you their names.

Let's see, my time has been spent well, other than work. This weekend Handsome Man and I got exercise balls and they are SO MUCH FUN. At first I was like, "Damn, is that thing going to hold me?" But then I got to rolling around on the floor like a toddler and that made me giggle and now the ball and I are best friends. Everyone should have one. I watch TV on mine. We also made Maple Leaf shaped pancakes (complete with Vermont Maple Syrup, YUM) from a kit my mom got for us for Christmas. And we roamed around Hobby Lobby for what might have been hours, looking for fun stuff. I got more of the boxes MHM gave me for Christmas and now my office is organized, complete with labels. Neeeeeeerrrrrrd!

Not much more to say. I've been walking every weekday. Doing at least 100 crunches a night. Feeling good, eating fairly healthy. I HATE walking inside on the treadmill but suddenly my fair southern city has been blasted with cold, so outside walking is out of the question. So I've been watching DIY channel home makeovers to try to distract myself from the distance walked on that boring little monitor. Lap 1..... Lap 1..... Lap 2.... SIGH. 4 laps are okay, but 6 are better. If I can stave off the boredom.

Tonight I am wearing Pear Blossom body splash from Bath and Body Works and I have to tell you this stuff ROCKS. I get a whiff of it every now and then and I think Hmmm, what is that? OH! It's ME! Lovely! Like there's anyone else around here that it could be? Yeesh.

This post is long and disjointed enough, I better quit while I'm ahead. :)

2 comments:

Heather Meadows said...

I liked this post a lot!

Your weekend sounds lovely :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE exercise balls!! I have one here at home, and I watch tv on mine, too. I just find myself sitting on it whenever. TOO cool. I told David how much I need them, that when I went to England for my first visit, he had one in the house waiting for me!!