Sunday, January 28, 2007

Saturday

Yesterday MHM and I were sitting in a little restaurant that we went to primarily because they had free Wi-Fi, but also because the food is good. He looked over at me and said, "You know, if you had told me when I was 8 years old that one day I'd be sitting in a bistro eating a mushroom sandwich, my first response would have been, well, that doesn't matter because I didn't know what a bistro was. But my second would have been, 'Mushroom sandwich? EEEUUUUUWWWWW!'"

We made a steak dinner that featured gorgonzola butter, garlic seasoned fries, and fruit bowls of honeydew melons, grapes, and pineapple. It was very green. Later I drove 30 miles to find a Dunkin Doughnuts, and got there 5 minutes to close. Damn we're good.

I think I may owe Tony Robbins my relationship. MHM has started to pull himself out of a depression, revealing the man I first fell in love with. And I am very grateful for that.

No comments: