Wednesday, October 11, 2006

EEUUUUWWWWW!!!!!

So as I was walking into work this morning, this is the conversation I overheard between 2 women in their late 40s/ early 50s.

#1 "I have to get surgery on my hernia at the end of the month. It's torn away the skin (or muscle or something) from the walls of my abdomen, and so I'll have to get a tummy-tuck now so that it all looks right when they're done."


#2 "Oh that's what they had to do to me when I have that tumor removed from my breast. They had to give me a breast lift. Now I have to get mammograms twice a year."

#3 "Well ever since I had colon cancer I have to get colonoscopies every 4 months. And those aren't fun because they have to...."

I was hungry for breakfast when I walked in, but lost my appetite in about 30 seconds. Yuck.

1 comment:

Heather Meadows said...

It's funny how open people get about their medical issues as they get older.

I've been happy to talk about mine since I had cancer, but I came to realize pretty quickly that my peer group didn't want to hear that.

At least, not yet.

;)