Monday, January 23, 2006

The one where she says HOT DAMN!

Well, miracles DO happen, apparently. After all of my freaking out and sleeplessness over having to get a new car (not all that unusual for me to find something to flip out about), I got a fantastic deal on a new car and the old on is GONE! Goodbye leaking oil, clicking wheels, random dead batteries, humming brakes, and broken passenger window. Not only did the dealership take it, they gave me twice the Kelly Blue Book value on it. I almost fell over from the shock.

Now I am the proud owner of a 2006 Corolla/Civic/Sentra/Jetta/Optima/Whatever, maybe not the exact car I was hoping for, but a hell of a lot better than what I’ve been driving. Hello stick shift! (YAY!) Hello 3 year warranty. Hello reliability! This is my first new car, and while it is a little terrifying (hello car payments…) it’s not as terrifying as it could be (hello car payments that are under $200 a month).

So, new car! It is sooo cute. And did I mention the color? It’s sort of a bright burgundy. Not a “HEY! COPS! OVER HERE!” red, just a nice cheerful burgundy. And I love it.

No comments: