Saturday, May 26, 2018

Julep Maven Box

Originally Published 9/17/15

IMG_20150915_195854
So a couple of weeks ago I posted that the Julep Maven Box was on special and you could get it for the cost of shipping.  I got mine last week.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  I wish I was more impressed.  I've never used Julep nail products before.  I received:

Oxygen Bonding Base Coat- I guess it's ok.
IMG_20150915_200001

Nail Color in Fifi (top) and Whitney (bottom).  Fifi is STREAKY.  After three coats it still didn't cover.  Whitney is a Greige (they describe it as a mushroom grey beige) color, and it's not bad.  I wore it for a couple of days before it started to chip, and that's pretty normal for me.  It reminds me of Below Deck by China Glaze.  It's a hard color for me to pull off personally, but I really liked it anyway.

IMG_20150915_200016

Lip Gloss in Charming
IMG_20150915_195945

This is a pink toned VERY SHEAR lip gloss.  It doesn't show up on me at all.  It also doesn't stay on my lips for very long.  I thought I must have something similar but I didn't find anything in my collection of similar colors that was a spot-on dupe.

IMG_20150915_200603

As I was taking these pictures I realized there was no way to tell you which one is the Julep one, so I grabbed some black liner and circled it!

IMG_20150915_200631

Overall, this box was a good deal for $5.  I wouldn't pay $25 for it.  The only thing I'll use is the Whitney polish.  I think part of the problem was the profile I filled out.  I said I wanted a classic/neutral look, and these three colors definitely apply.  But to be honest I was pretty bored.
I have holographic polishes on the way to me in the mail right now.  I'll play with those and share them if they're any good!

No comments: