Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Irrational RAGE!

Last week I was driving through a school zone with a crossing guard and everything.  The speed limit was 15 mph.  It was the first day of school and traffic was at a dead stop because every parent on the planet needed to pick up their kid on the first day!  Well okay, I can understand that.

But I only had a few minutes to grab lunch before my next meeting.  I did a u-turn and went back to go down a side road and get out of school traffic hell.  Very aware that I was still in a school zone I was going maybe 13 miles an hour.  I went to turn right onto the side street and "TWEEEEET" the crossing guard was glaring at me.

Huh?

Maybe I'm not supposed to turn?  I look over again and she's doing that "slow it down" hand tamp thing.  I look at her like "SERIOUSLY?"  She keeps glaring.  And whistling.  What.  The.  Fuck?

I HATE THAT.  I hate when people accuse me of speeding when I'm not.  It makes me furious.  It's happened 3 times in the past 2 years and each time I have been tempted to get out of the car and be like "WHAT?!"

The last time was a guy in a neighborhood on the way to dog daycare.  I drove by at 25 mph and he screams, "SLOW DOWN!!!!!!"  My radio was on and I could still hear him.  He is LUCKY I didn't get out of my car and stomp my way over there and demand to see his speed gun.

The time before that was at the airport on a very crowded day.  I stopped to pick up a friend at the curb and the security guard knocked on my window and told me to watch my speed.  I was so incredulous that I actually said, "Me?"  And she was all attitude, "I'm TALKING to you, right?"

Oh boy.

I don't have a fast looking car.  It's not like that commercial where the dog runs into the car because it looks like it's going fast when it's actually parked.  I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1999.  I'm not going to say I'm perfect because I do stupid stuff just like the next person.
VROOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!
But oh my God, accuse me of something I didn't do and I AM LIVID.

This side of myself is a surprise.

What's your irrational rage trigger?


No comments: