Sunday, December 05, 2010

Commercials

I don't know if it's because commercials are getting worse or if I'm watching more TV lately and upping the odds of seeing the really terrible ones, but some of the commercials I've seen lately just crack me up.



"I'm right here. AND I ALWAYS WILL BE." MWAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! CREEPY STALKER! Bet he stabs you in your sleep and takes his jewelry back. The first time I saw this I was rolling. How did it ever get to air? Don't even get me started on how childish this woman is- there's a storm so she turns and hides herself in his chest? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

There are more that annoy me, but I can't find video of them. Crest 3D white strips make me want to throttle somebody, "He's single and he's good looking and I'm going to introduce you in two weeks so whiten your teeth." Oh man, talk about preying on every single little insecurity. I wonder what else her friend/matchmaker helpfully suggested. Did the good looking guy have to whiten his teeth too? Did he buff, shave, wax, pluck, color, conceal, powder, perfume, and spanx his body too? Doubt it.

I just saw one by Gillette today that I guess was saying your dad is awesome and there's nobody on earth like him- so get him the Gillette razor he deserves. I tried to make sense of that one for about 5 seconds, but the disconnect between the story and the message was so glaring I couldn't understand what they were really trying to tell me. Uh, yeah, nothing says the holidays like buying your dad a 24 pack of razor blades. Thanks for the suggestion Gillette.

What commercials are making you climb the walls lately?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just about every jewelery commercial makes me gag; Kay's are especially awful.