Monday, August 23, 2010

Hell

This has been a very bad day. I hope that I've filled the bad day quota for the rest of the year with just this one. I can't get into details, but I got up in a radiant sunshiny mood, got ready for work, walked towards the door, and for just an instant the thought crossed my mind that perhaps this was a day to call in sick and go hide under the covers. An ominous feeling, and when I got to work I found out why. Nothing much is wrong for me personally, but a lot of shit has hit a lot of people in my life and it makes me sad.

So tonight I'm going to drink a little wine, watch the Miss Universe Pageant, and then read some more Gone With the Wind. Y'all- that book is GOOD. I mean, really really GOOD. I love Scarlett O'Hara because she's so unapologetically conniving. Somehow I find her likable- and I remember not liking her much at all the first time around.

Anyway, those plans should help some with the badness. Until then, well, read this. Charlie Brooker is awesome and has made all of my arguments about the coverage of the "Ground Zero Mosque" for me- how nice of him!

No comments: