Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Life, Myyyyy Little Life

I find it fascinating that if I go back through my journals 10 or even 15 years, NOTHING has really changed. You'd think there would be some personal growth and life lessons learned and all that BS, but there hasn't been a jot of that since 1994.
Real live actual quote from my diary circa 1995. I was 16 years old.
"Yesterday so-and-so talked to me. But today he didn't even look at me! I thought he liked me. What is wrong with me??? I suck and my life sucks. Waaaahhhhh!"
Real live quote (if I still kept a diary) from yesterday:
"If this person doesn't text me back really soon I'm going to be so totally pissed. Jackass."

The tone now is a bit bitter and jaded (vs whiny and depressed), but I am happy that I'm not blaming myself for someone's lack of attention anymore. Ugh. This stuff never makes any sense, and hormones never grow up.

That, my friends, sums up the past week.

No comments: