Sunday, December 06, 2009

OMG Another Post!

I know, can you believe it? Things are coming back to normal in the life of this particular Heather. My bedroom is completely unpacked as of today, and I actually got some pictures and stuff hung up. Amazing!

I think this is funny and ironic so I'm going to tell you all about it and just get it out there and admit my imperfections. Lately my vacuum cleaner has just not been doing as well as it should. Now that I think about it, it is probably 8 years old, maybe older, and I just feel like the suction has been suffering (Suffering Suction! That might be my new swear word). I've cleaned the HEPA filter, I've cleaned the filter that comes before the HEPA filter, and still not much improvement.

So I checked the manual.

APPARENTLY there's a "motor filter" and I had no idea that this existed. For 8 YEARS I have been ignoring this filter that's supposed to be shaken out once a month. In that time I have replaced the belt and still had no clue this little filter was even there.

Ewwwwwwwww! I'm just as bad as the woman who lived in my house before me! That is so embarrassing!

I ordered a new set of brand new filters from Amazon, and they should be here by Wednesday. Hopefully that will clear up the problem. When I tried to take the motor filter out to see if maybe that was the issue (once I knew it existed), it was just a huge caked up dust chunk. Gross. Changing it will definitely be an outdoor job.

No comments: