Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Long Days

Toe-Up Sock- I'm done with all the hard parts!

Lately I've been in 4 hour conference calls at work. Every day. For two weeks. They are product demos and they are deadly boring. So I've been knitting because #1 it is something to do when I just sit and stare at my computer screen and #2 I listen better when my hands are busy. I'm almost done with a sock. I'm pretty sure I'll have a second one done by the end of the week.

I've had 2 trainer sessions at the gym so far this week (my next one is Thursday). Last night was the first one and we did cardio/lower body work which was EXHAUSTING. Step intervals and sprints, for an hour, followed by crunches. And tonight was arm weights which means that tomorrow I pretty much won't be able to move any part of my body without groaning. So I'll really enjoy that 4 hour conference call doing nothing. OH and I just remembered that I have a 1.5 hour conference call in the morning on top of that. So I'm glad I won't have to travel all over the building but when am I supposed to do work again?

Last night after the gym I watched Brideshead Revisited which isn't all that fantastic as far as plot goes, but it is BEAUTIFUL. The sets and the costumes and how it was filmed is just, well, beautiful. I can't think of another word. It's my favorite sort of costume drama- lots of conflict and feelings and longing and all that. It reminded me a bit of Atonement but not nearly so heartbreaking. I thought that movie was amazing but I don't want to sit through it again.

Tonight in the shower I was washing my face and scrubbing away and totally not paying attention to what I was doing when my pinky finger flew so far up my nose I think I touched my own brain. One would think that doing something as mindless as washing one's own face would not be so treacherous. It is. Be careful.

Yes, I know. There's not much going on here. 4 hour conference calls people! They rot your brain and then you share things like accidental nose digging.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, was the pinky up the nose thrown in just to see if anyone is actually reading the posts? LOL! You crack me up! Now teach me to knit socks! That looks so pretty!
Harry B

Heather said...

Harrison,
I'm so glad you're reading them! I can teach you to knit socks, but I can't teach you to knit. That takes a level of patience I don't think I have anymore.... :)
Heather

lstratton6 said...

Wow, I'm worried about you. Thirty years of careful parenting and you still can't keep your fingers out of your nose.

Heather said...

I'll watch anything with James McAvoy in it over and over again. He's fabulous in Atonement. That reminds me, I need to read that book.