Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Invincible!

Tonight I hung my room darkening shade in the bedroom. It took about 10 minutes (and most of that was finding the right drill bits), and I don't know why I didn't do it, oh, 4 years ago. NICE.

I went to the gym after work, and despite eating wonderful things like strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream (the strawberries are perfectly in season up there in New England and soooooooo good there's not even a word for it), and quesadillas and cheese and pesto and hotdogs and wonderful local bread and paninis and drinking lots of margaritas, I STILL lost weight when I was on vacation. HA! I think part of why that happened is because we were eating real food. Yes you can eat 100 calorie snack packs but they taste like chemicals and you are left unsatisfied. You can eat fat free reddi whip but it is still not quite right so you eat more hoping that the next bite will give you what you are looking for. Real food is where it's at.

The other part of vacation weight loss is that my mom's place has stairs inside and mine does not....

Tonight I am eating a tomato, avacado, and mozerella sandwich on honey whole wheat bread from Publix (which has 5 ingredients- hard to find in grocery store bread). It is a really perfect summer meal. I am going to hold on to this vacation feeling for as long as I can.

No comments: