Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday

Yesterday I met some friends for lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant and we all had iced strong coffee sweetened with condensed milk. It might be my new favorite drink. But boooyyyyy I am not used to drinking coffee at ALL. I was jacked up on caffeine all day and most of the night, when I stopped watching a movie ("Becoming Jane", a piece of trash that brought both Anne Hathaway AND James McAvoy down a peg or two in my mind. It was CRAP, I tell you. Moody music and pretty shots do not a good movie make.) at 11:00 to start cleaning my bathroom. That bathroom is sparkling. This must be what it's like for normal people when they take crystal meth. I was so HYPER.

I didn't get to sleep until well past 2:00 am, but I was wide awake at 8:00 this morning, ready to go. I threw on clothes, took the mountain of recycling to the recycling center, and then hit Walmart. 9:00 on a Sunday is a GREAT TIME to be at Walmart. It was deserted, there weren't any lines at checkout, and there was tons of close parking. I know Walmart is an evil empire, but it is hands down the cheapest place to get my protein shakes ($5 as opposed to $9 at Walgreens or $7 at Kroger), so sometimes I go there. In my mind Walmart and Target aren't any different as far as evil large corporations go. So if I shop at one I'd be a hypocrite to not shop at the other.

Today will be another day of keeping an eye on the weather. Ah, spring. You anxiety inducing bastard. I'm going to read some of my nerdy management books, do some laundry, and get ready for the week. It's going to be a busy one!

My God I'm in a good mood. Maybe I should be drinking coffee more often....

No comments: