Monday, November 06, 2006

Soooo Noble

I love when I wake up early and actually FEEL like doing it. My Handsome Man left for home this morning after a really nice weekend of food and TV and walks and drives and general cuddly nestingness, which was lovely. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I was up at 5:45, cleaning up, making coffee, and generally enjoying the state of the world. I did some yoga (too cloudy for any S.A.D. benefit in my opinion, so I opened the blinds), caught up on some blog reading, and took a shower. I was wide awake and ready to GO! I love mornings like that.

I'm hoping I can carry that through to tomorrow morning as well. I want to get the voting over with early. I know who I'm voting for, and what issues I'm for and against. It'll be fun. I'm bringing the crossword puzzle book or something to get me through the interminable line. Early voting last week brought lines that I'd never experienced before, so I decided to just suck it up and vote along with everyone else.

I find it funny that the republican nominee for senate is putting out ads bashing the democrat, but the ads and just hardening my resolve to vote for the other guy. Less spending on missiles? Check. Abortion rights? Check. A good exit strategy for Iraq? Great. Gay marriage? Let's get on with it. It's going to be an interesting evening tomorrow. We'll have to see where DC is going....

So what's so noble about all that? Yoga at 6:30 in the morning, that's what!

No comments: